Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Making bricks from mud!

Being only 11 I’m not so used to wandering off alone. In fact I’ve only just started. My mum lets me because she knows that in a few years I will have to leave her and my younger brothers and sisters to make a new life for myself. It’s scary but exciting at the same time. But I’ve got to get used to it. So I go off for the day and find my way back to Mum later. Seeing these strange men made me realise that I still have a lot to learn. I decided to go and fetch Mum and see what she made of it.

I was amazed at the activity when Mum and I got there the next day (with a few others in tow). There were men digging trenches and others making bricks. As we got closer they noticed us and stopped to look, but not for long. One thing really caught my attention – a metal machine which the men filled with soil from the ground and then pulled one part on top of the other. When they opened it out popped this
perfect little mud brick which the men laid on the ground in a neat row along with others that they had already made. Then they took each brick and shovelled it into what looked like a chimney with a fire at the front. Mum said that was how they made the bricks hard so they could be using for building.

So that was it! These men were building something.
 I can’t wait to find out what.

No comments: